1/29/09

The Urge to be Free...

So it seems to have really hit me this week and I'm not sure if it's the weather or just the fact that I am bored out of my mind. But I am bored out of my mind, here I am in Hannibal with a few friends but none that I hang out with on a regular basis like I did in Columbia. I work a full time job, go to church, come home go to bed, get a full 8 hours of sleep, attempt to eat healthy, diet, and I do almost all the things an adult should do yet I don't feel like an adult. I mean that I don't feel like an adult in the sense that I don't feel as though I've had my one great life adventure that I believe everyone should have that kind of transitions us into adulthood. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for or expecting here but I'm on the watch for it.

I just have the urge to do something truly fun, daring, maybe even a little scandalize. I want to see the world before I'm expected to settle down and sit behind a desk, before I'm expected to grow up and put most of my dreams behind me. Yes I do still have several hopes and wishes for the future that would require me to grow up and be an adult such as have a family, work at a good job (which I have the job part down), have a home of my own.

I just need to create my own excitement somehow, stir things up a bit, but how and by what means? Possibly a road trip...cross country? Who knows, any suggestions...I need something to look forward to, something to get me through the long drawn out workweek.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

road trip out here, or save like mad (benefits of living at home, girlie!!!) and go visit Europe or something. Or, pick a project you want to accomplish. Make a quilt, or learn photography. Some days, I'm envious of you. So much freedom, so few limitations (that can't be overcome relatively easily). Good luck finding your "coming of age" project!

Brenda said...

Road trip to STL..... see your sista.... cowboymouth concert feb 20th... martigras feb 21st!!! come on come on get down and boogie..