11/26/08

I'm actually ready!!!

I can't believe that the Holiday season is here already, but this year feels drastically different. I'm actually excited about the season! I haven't really felt like celebrating the holiday's for the last few years, and I blame a big deal of it on my retail job. It really did drain me of any magical feelings I held for the holiday's. This year I find myself listening to Christmas music and not gagging, watching the old movies and not having the desire to roll my eyes and turning them off.

The last few years I worked at Toys R Us and I dreaded the Christmas season, I don't know what it is about this time of year that makes people so angry and disrespectful. The attitudes of customers really seemed to determine my mood, I worked long hours, was underpayed, and just over-all was not in the Holiday spirit. It amazes me how hateful people can be this time of year, especially when it comes to their shopping! Everytime I go into a store I try and be as pleasent as possible, even though the clerks and other associates may not be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm just excited, excited to see family and just spend time with them. That's all I really want for Christmas, the preasents are just a nice bonus :). HAPPY HOLIDAY'S EVERYONE!

No comments: